Nyberg Group is looking for a Financial Controller for an exciting International shipping company.
The Financial Controller will play a significant role in the Finance Department which consists of 5 employees including the CFO. The Finance department is responsible for group accounting, group financial controlling and delivering financial information to the monthly, quarterly and annual reports in compliance with national and international legislation. The Finance Department also interacts with the outsourced Technical Management located in Germany, Singapore and Cyprus.
The Financial Controller will report to the CFO
As a member of the Hafnia Tankers financial team, your key responsibilities will be:
- Development and maintenance of a strong internal control environment
- OPEX controlling from external Technical Managers
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Coordinating loan related requests from banks
Your key tasks:
- Controlling of running costs of ships together with performance of Technical Managers
- Maintenance and development of internal controls (Sarbanes Oxley including analysis)
- Controlling of group companies
- Prepare Danish annual statutory financial statements, tax returns as well as assist with group consolidated financial statements
- Communication with banks on KYC, reporting, daily inquiries
As the new Financial Controller, you will get a great chance to work in an international environment for a young company in continuous development and being part of a company working for an IPO (Initial Public Offering) in New York.
The ideal qualifications
- Cand merc aud or fir, Cand Polit or Cand Oecon or similar higher financial education. Alternatively, HD (Finance) combined with experience
- 2-3 years’ experience from an international group, larger listed company or larger accounting company
- Excellent communication skills as well as fluency in spoken and written Danish & English
- Experience in working with development and maintenance of an internal controlling environment. Experience with Sarbanes Oxley is considered a large plus
- Very experienced in Excel and seasoned in developing financial presentations in PowerPoint
The ideal person
- Resilient with self-confidence and the ability to “stand your ground”
- Strong analytical skills, must be able to handle big data
- Possess excellent communication skills on all levels of the organization with the ability to interact with peers
- Self-motivated and proactive together with being result- and goal oriented
Willing to go the extra mile when required (peak seasons)
The position is located at Hafina Tankers’ office in Tuborg Havn. Up to 10 travelling days per year must be expected.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and application to us. If you would like to know more about the position, contact Partner Gina Rantzau (+45 2890 3204). Interviews will be held continuously, so please apply as soon as possible.
Hafnia Tankers is a leading owner and operator of product tankers with operations globally. The company was established in 2010 by leading members from the international shipping business and has grown steadily since its inception.
Together with the pools controlled by Hafnia Management, the fleet counts approx. 80 vessels thus being one of the largest tanker fleets in the world.
Hafnia Tankers Group (incl. Hafnia Management) has 55 dedicated and experienced employees.